- Since 1994
News of Useful, Unique and Educational Web Content
How to announce web content.|.More New Sites.|.Subscribe
Follow URLwire New Site Tweets
Date: August 2, 2010
Curriki.org Provides Peer Reviewed Open
Source Educational Learning Materials
Curriki is an online community for creating and sharing K–12 open source curricula, a resource that can help provide a low-cost and innovative solution to many of our teaching and learning challenges in districts and schools.
Curriki is a social entrepreneurship organization that supports the development and free distribution of open source educational materials to improve education worldwide. The online community gives teachers, students and parents universal access to peer-reviewed K-12 curricula and powerful online collaboration tools.
More than just a collection of educational resources, Curriki supports schools and school districts by helping them:
1. Save costs on purchasing teaching resources – on average, school systems spend $4,500 on teaching resources per teacher. By using the free and Open Educational Resources available on Curriki, you can reduce that cost by at least 50%
2. Provide dynamic teaching resources - Curriki liberates school systems from the static method of teaching and learning, and helps all educators innovate in their classrooms on a daily basis, which we know can lead to increased student achievement
3. Innovate at All Levels - Curriki connects principals and districts to a community of innovative educational professionals from around the world
4. Manage Valuable Knowledge - Curriki ensures that even if teachers leave the system, their knowledge is still available for use in schools
Curriki has nearly 100,000 registered members and more than 400 groups with access to more than 32,000 free, open source learning assets. Curriki logs more than 175,000 unique visitors per month from teachers representing more than 200 countries/territories around the world. Curriki's impact is measured by the global usage of its instructional resources, which are currently being used to teach more than an estimated 4.7 million students around the world.
If you are interested in obtaining more information about Curriki, please check out their website at www.curriki.org
Curriki.org Today for Free
Posted by Eric
Ward on 8/2/10
• How to Announce Content on URLwire
• Search URLwire archives
Twelve Years Ago
Birds Eye Offers World-wide Recipe Search Engine
How to Announce Your
Content on URLwire
Search URLwire archives
Read URLwire Via:
Add URLwire headline links to
Announcing your site:
News bots and headline linking services are welcome to crawl/scrape this site announcement.
As needed, stock quote links in URLwire stories are provided courtesy of Google Finance ®
URLwire has helped quality web content gain attention, links, and publicity for over 15 years. URLwire was established in 1994 as a private and discreet service to announce meritiorious Web content to the exact trusted influencers who care about it. URLwire is free to all subscribers. URLwire is not a bulk press release distribution service, and will never be automated. It is sent by Eric Ward, one at a time, to people who look forward to it. URLwire has thousands of private email subscribers, and I also publish URLwire in several other formats including RSS and Twitter. Why am I still doing this after all these years? Here's a quote that sums it up.
quality web content, and he knows how to reach out and publicize
URLwire is produced by
EricWard.com - Etiologic Content Linking Strategies
Experienced, practical, and ethical link building services, strategy, and training.
EricWard.com and URLwire.com - Santa Rosa Beach Florida - contact