- News of Useful, Unique and Educational Web Content Since 1994
How to announce web content | More New Sites
Content LinkingStrategies from EricWard.com
“Eric follows the right link building approach — Matt Cutts, Google
|.August 27, 2008|
Water Calculator from H2OConserve.org Shows Your Water Foorprint
The H2O Conserve Water Calculator is a web based tool that can help you calculate how much water you use on a daily basis, and more importantly, provide tips for how to use less.
The Calculator takes you through a series of questions about your daily life, from baths to tooth-brushing to lawn watering, and as you answer these questions gives you an estimate of the total amount of water you use, called your "water footprint". The Calculator takes into account not only the water used in your home, but also the water used to produce the food you eat and the products you buy. Your water footprint includes other factors such as water utilized to cool power plants that provide your electricity, and water saved when you recycle. You may not drink, feel or see this water, but it makes up the great majority of your water footprint.
* It is important to recognize that the Calculator relies on national averages and approximations, and your results should be considered an estimate and not a scientifically accurate assessment.
* The Calculator does provide a general assessment of your water use, as well as the quantity of water used daily by the average American to give you an idea of your use.
* When you finish the Calculator, your results will show your total household water use, as well as the average per person water use in your household.
Water scarcity is a growing problem throughout the US and abroad, and it is crucial that individuals and communities make efforts to conserve and protect this precious resource. H2O conserve is a web-based project that offers tools and knowledge that enable individuals to make water conservation part of their everyday lives.
H2O Conserve is a project of ICCR, GRACE, Food & Water Watch, and the Johns Hopkins University Center for a Livable Future. Learn more at http://www.h2oconserve.org/index.php?page_id=2&p=ab
• WAYBACK - On URLwire Eight Years Ago Today
June 2000 - National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Launches Portal
Notices, copyrights, credits
Online news headline linking services are welcome to link to this story. As requested, stock quote links in URLwire stories are provided courtesy of StreetIQ ®
Add URLwire headlines to
is published by
Announcing your site:
without question the most effective way to tell the right people in the
online world about your web site."
our site covered and linked online in places we'd tried for months to get
in without success. And, URLwire did it in one day."
- Etiologic Content Linking Strategies
Experienced, practical, and ethical link building services, strategy, and training
Recognizing the nuances of linking that enable content to be discovered
follows the right link building approach
— Matt Cutts, Google
for the great work on our launch, Eric.
Your efforts and report were excellent
— Jeff Bezos Amazon.com