- News of Useful, Unique and Educational Web Content Since 1994
How to announce web content | More New Sites
Come and see. Content LinkingStrategies from EricWard.com
|.September 4, 2008|
Kansas City Public Library Site Unveils Major Improvements
The new KCLibrary.org is the official website of the Kansas City Public Library. The massive overhaul of the library’s website is intended to make the site easier to navigate and more useful to library patrons.
Features of the new website include:
* New user-friendly navigation. Users can now access more of the information they are looking for quickly and easily, directly from the homepage.
* New catalog interface with improved browsing capabilities. Users can now begin their search with any combination of words and narrow the results from there. For example a search for “Hemingway” garners 629 results, but the new interface provides the option to narrow or broaden your search by author, format, subject or language.
* More ways to find something to read. Visitors to the site can browse bestseller lists and the latest additions to the Library’s collection, in addition to book recommendations related to library programs and current events. Additionally, patrons can sign up for email alerts about new fiction and nonfiction books.
* Easy access to information about Library programs and events. Users can now search for upcoming library events by type, time, location and age group. Users can still browse the banners on the front page for a preview of pending events.
* Blogs about everything from books and movies to Kansas City history. Discuss new and favorite books and movies with librarians and discover interesting facts about Kansas City history and the Library’s Missouri Valley Special Collections.
* Easier access to the library’s free research tools. The library offers a wealth of free databases – from newspaper archives to genealogy research tools. Users now have more ways to find the right database and learn research tips. Patrons can search by name or topic or browse the most popular databases.
The Kansas City Public Library
strives to be the best public library in the nation. This level of aspiration
reflects the commitment of our community to the role of the Library as
center of knowledge and promoter of civic and cultural conversation. The
Library champions the joy of reading and lifelong learning. Children’s
programs, family and community events nurture the imagination. Our collections
support the joy of reading, research, skill development and entrepreneurship.
• WAYBACK - On URLwire Eight Years Ago Today
June 2000 - National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Launches Portal
Notices, copyrights, credits
Online news headline linking services are welcome to link to this story. As requested, stock quote links in URLwire stories are provided courtesy of StreetIQ ®
Add URLwire headlines to
is published by
Announcing your site:
without question the most effective way to tell the right people in the
online world about your web site."
our site covered and linked online in places we'd tried for months to get
in without success. And, URLwire did it in one day."
- Etiologic Content Linking Strategies
Experienced, practical, and ethical link building services, strategy, and training
Recognizing the nuances of linking that enable content to be discovered
follows the right link building approach
— Matt Cutts, Google
for the great work on our launch, Eric.
Your efforts and report were excellent
— Jeff Bezos Amazon.com